In this episode of the Built for the Trades podcast, host Dan Dowdy welcomes Justin and Kristen Deese, husband and wife duo and home service business owners, to the show. Dan and the Deese’ dive right into multiple pieces of advice they have on leadership development, home service business ownership, and managing a partnership while maintaining holy matrimony. Step one is to separate your personal funds from your business funds; step one, at the very beginning, don’t be running business funds through your personal account, and vice versa.
“Well, step one is to separate your personal funds from your business funds, step one, at the very beginning, don’t be running business funds through your personal account, and vice versa.”– Kristen Deese
If you and your spouse may benefit from a married couple that has been in business for almost twenty years together this podcast is for you. Dan, Justin, and Kristen share advice and insight that can be utilized in multiple business aspects.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL:
- Find out how Justin and Kristen started their business while living together at home.
- Discover the initial steps of creating successful business funds.
- Learn about how to have realistic expectations of business growth and recovery from failure.
- Uncover some secrets to creating systems and processes that reduce unnecessary stress.
- Learn how weekly spreadsheets and balances can help keep financial expenses orderly.
“What are the things that are going on in the business from the operation standpoint that are affecting the numbers and how could it be better? It’s usually because business owners don’t have the strength in numbers. They have the strength in the sales and the leadership.”
– Kristen Deese
About Justin and Kristen
Justin and Kristen Deese have 20 years of experience in the home services industry. They’ve channeled everything they have learned into their book “When Your Business Partner Is Your Spouse” and now offer coaching and mastermind services in addition to overseeing their two home services businesses. They share why having a vision is essential to success and how to find a balance between work and marriage.
Website and Social Links:
- Website: www.kristendeese.com