In this episode of the Built for the Trades podcast, host Dan Dowdy, welcomes Michael Sauer from Scorpion to the show. Dan and Michael talk about employee retention attracting great team members, how to curb The Great Resignation, what the “love languages of appreciation” are and how to practice them in real life.
“51% of managers believe they do a good job of showing recognition, but what percentage of employees think that the manager is showing appreciation? 17%!!!”
So what you are doing as a manager, likely is not enough. THIS is why everyone is leaving. Michael shares insight on how to change that.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- The power of appreciation in the workplace. It is a GAME CHANGER!
- The Platinum Rule – what it is and how to apply it. It’s based on building a relationship with your team member and Michael shares some examples to explain the problem and solution.
- How “love languages” play into the workplace. What if the WAY you communicate (and it’s not all by words) impacts the ability to build stronger relationships and create solid employee retention
- Why finding out what motivates your employee, what each one cares about matters.
- The difference between recognition and appreciation.
You can tune in above on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
You can connect with Michael here: email@example.com
For over 18 years, business owners have been consulting with Michael Sauer, Scorpion’s Master Trainer & Coach, to maximize their company’s valuation. Whether business owners are looking to immediately improve their profitability or create a strategic plan to sell their business in the future, Michael’s unique background as both an electrical engineer and attorney allows him to provide them with specific actionable steps which has resulted in them achieving their desired results.
If you are interested in learning how the Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace can be implemented in your business or if you are looking to maximize your company’s profitability by, among other things, targeting your most ideal clients, please feel free to reach out to Michael at Ask@Scorpion.co to learn more.
Guest Website and Social Links
- Website: http://www.scorpion.co/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mastertrainerandcoach/