In this episode of the Built for the Trades podcast, host Dan Dowdy welcomes Allie Perez with George Plumbing Company in San Antonio. Dan and Allie discuss the traction to be gained by diversifying the trades with women and minorities.
If you’re in the trades and looking for ways to diversify your workforce and team, this episode is for you!
“People want work-life balance, they want a good culture and they want to see themselves in these roles. Help them visualize that.”
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- The problem with hiring people like ourselves, and what you are missing out on when doing so
- The inside scoop on what Allie is doing in her marketing efforts at George Plumbing that others probably aren’t doing
- How adopting the mindset that there’s a lot of opportunity in the trades and we can all learn from each other
“The lesson is that we have a lot to learn from each other.”
About Allie Perez
Allie Perez graduated from NYU Tisch with a BFA in Drama and BA in English. Currently a marketing and operations executive for a plumbing company in San Antonio, Texas. Perez works in the skilled trades industry and founded Texas Women in Trades. She’s currently the Communications Chair for the National Tradeswomen Taskforce and a delegate for Tradeswomen Building Bridges. She also sits on the Committee for the City of San Antonio Cultural Arts Board. Perez lives in San Antonio where she’s raising a ferocious daughter.
Guest Website and Social Links
- Website: https://texaswomenintrades.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alliekatz22/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allieperezxoxo/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/allie-perez-3ba25720/